Life on WINGS

In everyone's life, there comes a time of ultimate challenge.
- a time when all our resources are tested
-a time when life seems so unfair
- a time when our faith, our values, our patience, our compassion, our ability to persist are pushed to the limit and beyond...but @ the same time gives you the wings to explore the WORLD of yours....

Spread your wings and fly away far away

Monday, March 16, 2009

Episode-1: To take part in most special day of my dearest pal’s life.


Prathima – a close friend of mine. We entitled her as Hospet and Military. The reason being she did her first year of engineering in Hospet and other coz she was the only one among five of us, who was well-organized in completing assignments and preparing for exams it could be Practical’s-Finals-at last even internals. She used to prepare from day one and we day b4 exams.

She was the first one to get self trapped in big hole so called “Saath Janmonka Bandan”. If I have to say in simple words, she was getting married. :) ??? !!!

I booked bus tickets to and fro Bangalore/Bellary on 11th of Dec 2006. I took BMTC bus from koramangala to KGBS and reached by 2130 hrs. The station was too crowd and did not even find a proper place to stand. I was waiting for my bus which was supposed to depart at 2330 hrs at platform 3. Soon I sensed a guy was staring at me to my right at around seven foot distance. I did not care much thought even his destination would be the same. For a moment I was relaxed coz he seemed to be 40+.

The first sentence he uttered was
Where you have to go?
Me: Bellary
Uncle: Are you studying?
Me: Nope. I am seeking for a job
Uncle: Are you a graduate?
Me: Yep. B.E
Things did not get over my nerves till he asked me the next one.
Uncle: What’s your name? Are you travelling alone?
Me: I gave one evil stare and said it’s none of your business
Uncle: somebody is following you?

I was like what??? He singed with his eyes towards a guy who was standing opposite to me. I turned my neck to my left to check is there anyone left out??? To my bad luck one was staring at me from other end as well. I learnt that I was covered by a triangle (didn’t bother was that an Equilateral, Isosceles or Scalene) outlined by three monsters.

I was frozen for a moment. My heart was pumping so fast with terror, and then suddenly I went blank. I had no thoughts. I just started to walk in KGBS from platform No.1 to platform No.23. I wonder was that a night walk..??? I decided to stop by at each shop and started shopping Chocolates, Biscuits, Magazines, Bisleri. Guys I am not a shopping freak but I was left with no option to keep myself busy interacting with people.

I was wandering around aimlessly and completed two rounds of night walk in KGBS. I looked at my watch it said 2240 hrs. Oh my God…it was running dead slow. One thing I did not realize in crowd is that they got behind me. Somehow I sensed monsters getting much closer to me and then I thought it’s high time now I have to do something. I decided to stand in the centre of KGBS.I started to look for TC, by now my watch read 2315 hrs and bus has not arrived yet. :(

At last my eyes were caught by savior who wore orange jacket with note pad-pen in his hands and whistle in his mouth. Savior you got right! that was TC. To my bad luck even he turned to be a fourth monster to me. When I asked him when the bus will arrive which was supposed to depart at 2330 hrs?

Savior: Traffic jam, it will come. The one reason everyone gives in Bangalore.

The needles in my watch were hitting 2400 hrs. My fear level was getting high and by now I have enquired around 6 times. On other part these monsters were giving guest appearances now and then like Kajol in 3 Idiots.

I lost my temper and went to fourth monster he was no more a savior.
Me: sirrrrrrr…..
Fourth Monster: What?
Me: Bus?
Fourth Monster: I don’t know.
Me: What?
Fourth Monster: Why are you asking only me? Go and ask others as well.
Me: You are the TC here. Not every other Tom-Dickey-Harry. It’s your responsibility to know the things and help people here accordingly. If in case you have adequate info why don’t you make an announcement saying bus will be late for so and so reasons…? Do you have any idea about kind of issues public faces here while traveling alone? specially gals!!!
Fourth Monster: Will enquire and vanished from there.

I realized second monster was standing next to me. My heart started pounding pretty badly. For a moment I was on cloud nine coz I saw police man opposite to me.

Police- I don’t wish to give much explanation about him, in simple words the one whom we see in daily serials and regular films :( fifth monster.

Me: sir, those three are following me from 2 hours and troubling me a lot. He did not utter a bloody single word. That was the time I realized this is INDIA.

To my luck the second monster disappeared as well, may be that was coz of the power of Kaki uniform if not for cop. Then I found few co-passengers who were waiting for that Dakota Bus to arrive. Finally bus arrived at 0030 hrs and I took my seat and my first peaceful breath in 3 hours time.

Finally I left Bangalore at 0045 hrs…

In the whole scene I would have called any of my cousins or friends for help but it was such an odd time and I am not the soul who will seek help until unless I can’t handle it myself. :)









4 comments:

AjAy said...

dunno what to say, how bad the people have come to, if it were anybody else i would have said that you are paranoid!
But, bangalore....

Vidya said...

Yeah I know, Bangalore is the only place on the earth which embrace millions/billions of people 4m any part of the world irrespective of Caste, Creed or Religion and gives equal opportunity and rights to carve their life and identity. In spite of aching experiences Bangalore is the lovely place I have ever seen... ;)

satish1482 said...

I read it and was really disappointed specially about the police of bangalore. I am also disappointed by the police of Bangalore. Once I had a debate with autowala regarding fare and it turned into violence. I with one of my friend managaed to handle them but we have to complain to traffic police. You know what hr uttered ............."Do you know Kannada"..I said no. His reply was "Than do not speak to me"......Cosmopolitan and Metro concept is yet to arrive in Bangalore.

Vidya said...

Yeah its very true autowala's got most demand in town.U know now-a-days auto rikshaws never runs by meter in at all.... Just demand what ever comes to their mind.If u ask whys? & so they say what ma'am u spend so much money to get branded clothes in forum can't u give it us.... ;)
Mean while I have seen good auto Bhayya's as well...
Experienced both upside and downside akin to two sides of a same coin...
Police: No comments plz....