Life on WINGS

In everyone's life, there comes a time of ultimate challenge.
- a time when all our resources are tested
-a time when life seems so unfair
- a time when our faith, our values, our patience, our compassion, our ability to persist are pushed to the limit and beyond...but @ the same time gives you the wings to explore the WORLD of yours....

Spread your wings and fly away far away

Monday, March 16, 2009

Episode-2: Most memorable Diwali in my life.

Diwali- A festival of light. I missed most of the festivals in past three years. Even this time I was quite uncertain. Finally I made my mind.

After office hours while heading home (PG- No less than to my sweet home) I decided to book my ticket. Thought will ask even Poori whether she is willing to???. She was facing dilemma of whether to or not to..??? She called me thrice in 3 mins time. Yeah! Tell me how hard it is for her to decide as though she is committing to a guy .Booking counter uncle was getting confused and said give proper confirmation. Finally she gave her confirmation thought so...

When I asked him to book two for Bellary on 24th Oct 2008. There were hardly any seats left out, coz we damsels decided on 23rd evening. I checked with Volvo, Rajahamsa, Iravath, and Corona everything was booked. Finally I asked for Dakota bus (ordinary one) coz we so desperately wanted to go home. Poori called me again to check whether I got tickets or not. When I said nothing is left I am trying with ordinary one, she got into dilemma again. Finally she made her mind wasting two more calls.

Somehow I got tickets booked for Dakota bus. Two seated one! on safer side that too in Dakota no chance at all. Bus was supposed to depart at 2330 hrs. Most of the time my ideal time coz I need to catch another bus to village and 2330 hrs bus will help me to catch up with that one.

On 24th evening getting ready to leave and it was raining very heavily and even light went off. Don’t worry I can mange coz it’s usual to me. Finally we three got into auto. Another damsel who joined us was Soumya. Rickshaw wala was Naseeb wala (Fortuned One) coz he charged us 175 bucks from koramangala to majestic. While reaching NGV fuel got over and we exchanged one evil stare at one another indicating who is responsible? Means whose is the great iron leg :). Auto wala said ma’ams give me 10 mins time I will get some fuel. I said “Bhayya nadu beediyalli maleyalli Deepawali maadisa bedi”- don’t let us celebrate Diwali in the midst of the rainy road. We were requesting him not to ditch us.

We halted near Blue spice restaurant. Auto bhayya was real hero for the night, he kept his words and returned to us. He made quite good arrangements closing the open ends of auto with plastic sheet so that water won’t flood into auto. For a moment we felt quite heroines. As there wasn’t any traffic on that day auto was going in Ferrari 360, Ferrari 430 speed. In 10 mins we hit the Raja Ram Mohan Roy road and while taking the diagonal cut he did not notice auto behind. Auto was going smoothly until another auto followed us and was yelling at driver, that was the time we realized we hit someone. We could not help coz driver was worried if he was caught and took the auto into gallis. When we asked him to go slowly no need to hurry he said I thought we have not booked our tickets yet. There after auto running in its normal speed. We reached majestic by 2130 hrs. Soumya got her bus at 2230 hrs and her brother was accompanying her. After a while we departed. Me and Poori looking forward for Dakota bus to arrive.

My watch said 2330 hrs and Dakota has not arrived yet. To our bad luck KSRTC has arranged another 100 luxury buses and seats were available. We were cursing ourselves for booking Dakota.

We damsels wandering in KGBS not to miss incase if it’s not parked in its usual place. Needles in my watch were hitting 2355 hrs still Dakota….

We enquired in control room as well whether bus has arrived or departed coz anything can happen in KGBS.

Finally
Dakota arrived at 0045 hrs 1 hour 15 mins late. We got into bus and our seat numbers were jumbled :( . Somehow we requested others to adjust and we moved to three seated one along with one married woman. To our shock she was Archana! Poori’s friend’s sister and my first semester C lecturer. I thought of talking to her as she was bit concerned towards me coz I was the only gal in the class. Only gal? I chose Mechanical as my specialization in B.E. I think she failed to recognize me and I did not introduce myself.

Bus left KGBS at 0001 hrs and Poori fell fast asleep, she was sleepless for past three nights as she had release at office. I couldn’t get sleep, have to check am I diseased. I can’t take a nap too whether I travel by train or Volvo or Rajahamsa or Dakota. I took window seat one of my favorite, watching dark side of the night. We were hitting Tumkur road I felt bus losing its control and back tire got punctured by then it was 0245 hrs. Most of us got out of bus to see what happened. Peepi mama (conductor) was giving an opportunity for all of us if we were in real urgent he will help us to get into another bus. Few of my co-passengers departed me. I thought even we can get into another one and tried to woke her up but she was in sound sleep. I let her to sleep. I didn’t have slightest idea how long its gonna take. My estimated time was 15 to 20 mins, Man it took 1 hour 45 mins time. We were slogging in midst of the Tumkur main road at signal. Finally bus got to its good condition and our driver mama on his seat at 0430 hrs. Bus was going in good speed as compared to its Dakota speed.

It’s been years I saw early sun rise and I was amazed by the beauty of nature cold wind, golden rays, green fields, birds flying, clouds passing. At least Poori woke up when golden rays beamed on her face, our lecturer was fast asleep even at 0745 hrs. Driver mama gave tea/coffee break at one Dhaba that was again one Dakota Dhaba at Hulakundi.

Real fun was yet to start, every one got out of bus had small walk with coffee/tea mugs as per their interests. We got out of the bus after 15 mins, we felt guilty to disturb our guru who was in sound sleep. Finally we interrupted her and got out of bus. I found myself just grabbing and squeezing my arms and stretching legs coz they really pushed me to the window! Poori had occupied half of my seat and other Poori’s full seat.

When bus was about to leave we decided to have coffee (late is always better than never right???). We got inside Dhaba and to our bad luck coffee got over. Only chai was available. We said its okay bhayya give chai itself but he was so concerned that he wanted to prepare coffee and serve to us. Actually in the entire bus we are the only damsels and bhayya had some soft corner. He boiled milk and was searching for coffee powder BRU one. Normally they use ordinary coffee powder for their customers. He was failing to locate where he kept the powder. On other end Peepi mama was blowing whistle and driver mama was yelling. Bhayya was asking his wife and daughter to search for powder. Little gal was worshiping the front door of Dhaba. As she completed her prayer she ran and got BRU coffee powder which was safely stored in cupboard. My god we felt so sweet of them. We left half of it coz it was pretty hot. Finally waved at bhayya his wife and daughter saying Tata and left Dhaba with our tongue burnt.

As we were getting inside the bus driver mama gave one evil stare. Few passengers were complaining go man it’s getting late. Peepi mama was pointing towards us and yelling its coz of these two damsels. Few guys started laughing and even we couldn’t control. We got into our seats. But coffee was damn good we couldn’t finish it. Happily ever after…

Reached Bellary safely at 0910 hrs which was supposed to be anywhere between 0515 to 0555 hrs….


2 comments:

new life and hope said...

hahaha u have not mentioned about your diwali celebrations.........
only about how u travelled......

Vidya said...

sometimes Journey is beautiful than final destination.Journey was much more memorable than Diwali...Diwali was as usual lightful and peaceful days @ sweet home....