Life on WINGS

In everyone's life, there comes a time of ultimate challenge.
- a time when all our resources are tested
-a time when life seems so unfair
- a time when our faith, our values, our patience, our compassion, our ability to persist are pushed to the limit and beyond...but @ the same time gives you the wings to explore the WORLD of yours....

Spread your wings and fly away far away

Monday, March 16, 2009

Episode-4: To get my official citizenship.

Voter ID: Proof of your identification. The one which proves you belong to particular nationality- you’re the citizen of country and you have right to chose right person to lead the nation. Sad part is we barely come forward and take up the responsibility to support the Right Mr/Ms/Mrs. We are citizens but not voters.

I didn’t have my voter ID till May 2nd 2008. It doesn’t mean I wasn’t 18 till that :). Over the years whenever these election commissions used to give an opportunity for citizens to get their citizenship I used to be busy with my exams which I can’t afford to miss and go to village to get my voter ID card done.

On May 1st dad called me saying Election Commission of India is giving an opportunity, you can get your voter ID. I thought to go and get it done. I got my tickets booked for the night 2330 hrs by Rajahamsa.

I reached majestic by 0945 hrs and looking forward for my bus to arrive. KGBS was jam-packed with people rushing to catch their buses with loads and loads of luggage both non-living and living (kids). I purchased a magazine just to kill the time. I didn’t realize when my watch hit 2310 hrs. To my shock bus arrived on time. I got into bus and just relaxed once I put my bag into luggage rack. It was Thursday, luckily not a weekend else we can’t imagine the kind of crowd and chaos. The seat next to me was empty till 2330 hrs thought I can peacefully enjoy two seats. But all of a sudden a Mr. Romeo appeared as if from nowhere. I really don’t bother to introduce myself with co-passengers coz of past experiences. I was gazing at the window watching endless road. Bus was going smoothly no rash driving, no jerks and no sudden braking!! Till Mr. Romeo uttered his first line.

Mr. Romeo: your destination?
Me: Bellary.
Mr. Romeo: Are you studying?
Me: Nope! I am a graduate and working on a project with my professor.
Mr. Romeo: what have you done?
Me: B.E.
Mr. Romeo: Which branch?
Me: Electronics and Communications.
Mr. Romeo: where do u stay in Bellary?
Me: Gandhi nagar.
Mr. Romeo: I have a toy gift centre in Gandhi nagar near ASM Women's College.
Me: okay... (Me lost in thoughts-Teddy bear :))
Mr. Romeo: are you on vacation?
Me: girr… I was losing my temper. I am done with my studies and project is to upgrade my knowledge.

I think he sensed my irritation and kept quite for sometime. After a while

Mr. Romeo: what’s your name?
Me: I honestly tried to avoid him. Did not respond and just acted like I was in deep sleep.

Driver mama gave chai/coffee break at Dhaba at around 0245 hrs. I was just looking around again this kirik fellow started,

Mr. Romeo: you still haven’t said your name?
Me: is it that necessary for you to know?
Mr. Romeo: sorry sorry… and I have no clue how far he felt sorry.
Me: I gave one evil stare. Continued with my sleeping drama till I reached Bellary.

I wasn’t particularly bothered about something; it feels hopelessly irritating when somebody tries to test your Patience... :(

No comments: