Life on WINGS

In everyone's life, there comes a time of ultimate challenge.
- a time when all our resources are tested
-a time when life seems so unfair
- a time when our faith, our values, our patience, our compassion, our ability to persist are pushed to the limit and beyond...but @ the same time gives you the wings to explore the WORLD of yours....

Spread your wings and fly away far away

Monday, February 2, 2009

Mr. R – Man of my dreams.


Marriage is to make the biggest decision in your life. If you don't like the job, all you need is a one or two months notice. If u doesn’t like friendship with someone, u just need to avoid him/her. But marriage? They will be united for the rest of their life today with three ties of mangalsutra... Everyone marries thinking that - I am going to spend the rest of my life with the other person I chose. Sometimes in extreme situations, you take extreme measures. No one ever married in this world thinking they can always upgrade if they didn't like and then there is no return policy. But the one where dad meets pa-in-law, mom meets ma-in-law and they all fall in love, decide that the kids should fall in love too.

My peaceful spinster life occasionally goes through all the turmoil and storms when I encounter some relatives who start putting so much pressure on me to get married and my parents get brain washed very easily.


Somehow I get nervous, irritated, frustrated, heart begins pounding so fast I can literally hear its beats, brains cells starts bombarding in nano sec speed, I almost get fainted oh my god very difficult to portray my feelings when my family members come up with this topic. (Especially Siri my sister of course my ever best friend- I call her fitting master coz somehow I can manage my parents but not her!!!) Marriage is serious business u need to commit with someone stranger your entire life……????????!!!!!!!!!!! I always refuse them saying I am not prepared yet. They say what’s there to prepare…???C’mon man how do I explain them!! I think Life transitions require change and often we are not prepared for our reactions to them. Let it be. Hope time will give solution to their query.

Long time ago me and Poori (a good friend of mine) was discussing about this topic “Life with stranger”. I believe every girl analyze about this. Only thing is few come up with better analogy and I am glad that I got an opportunity to express too. She was telling about her pre-requisites about marriage and the guy. When I was creating my list of things I wanted in a partner, it hadn’t crossed my mind that I was creating a man who was totally out of league.
Anyways here are the qualities of MR. Right- Man of my dreams,


1. Very caring as in eyelid shields its eye when ever it finds even tiny dust particles are gonna hurt its eyes.
2. Responsible – He should be able to hold himself responsible instead of blaming others when unpleasant events which unexpectedly strikes in life.
3. Responsibility – should voluntarily come forward to take up responsibility and go out of his way to help others.
4. Mutual respect and mutual interest towards my family.Must get along with people I love.
5. Loves me for what/whom I am.
6. He should be emotional but strong and can stand up and easily handle my condition and sporadic moods.
7. He should feel even my career is equally important as his.
8. Damn intelligent -Technically should dominate me.
9. Should join me in every step of life through thin and thick.
10. Adore my values, beliefs, thoughts.

How I wish it should not to be pretty difficult to score high on this test, because I am a picky girl, so I wish you the best of luck Dear (Man of my dreams)!

Somehow I can compromise with all the above except point number 6,8 and 10…. :(

Mr. R – Man of their daughter as per parents

1.How qualified/settled the person is?
2.How many siblings does he have?
3.He drinks?
4.He smokes? Blah blah I feel so illogical….

The freedom of spinster life is too precious to lose so early. So the single life is the life I’m doomed to for now :)

2 comments:

S.. Diva said...

ha ha... totally loved this post.
ps: maybe bcos i am going through the same phase :)

Vidya said...

Thanks for the visit and for support as well....

I heartily wish you will get true love with your dream man....