Life on WINGS

In everyone's life, there comes a time of ultimate challenge.
- a time when all our resources are tested
-a time when life seems so unfair
- a time when our faith, our values, our patience, our compassion, our ability to persist are pushed to the limit and beyond...but @ the same time gives you the wings to explore the WORLD of yours....

Spread your wings and fly away far away

Monday, October 26, 2009

I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference


I found these incredible lines when I was flipping the pages of a novel – The Winner Stands Alone by Paulo,



TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there,
Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and
I took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference!

-- Robert Frost (1874–1963)

Yes, I took the road less traveled by and that has made all the difference. I was so confused to take up which one road, thinking will I be able to come back but now I have decided not to look back. Despite the fact that it has made me to put everything down it was really quite interesting ride with countless crisscross curves !



2 comments:

Fali said...

it's like flipping a coin..half the times the road less travelled works - other half - listen to old wisdom and go down the road most travelled

Vidya said...

Earlier I took the one which was less traveled, it did not work out. Then I took the one which was most traveled,later one also seems to be not going so well.Unfortunately now looking for a CROSSROAD I just need a road to complete my JOURNEY.