Life on WINGS

In everyone's life, there comes a time of ultimate challenge.
- a time when all our resources are tested
-a time when life seems so unfair
- a time when our faith, our values, our patience, our compassion, our ability to persist are pushed to the limit and beyond...but @ the same time gives you the wings to explore the WORLD of yours....

Spread your wings and fly away far away

Thursday, July 2, 2009

4th anniversary in silicon city

Warning: sentimentality ;)

For today! I have completed my 4 years of stay in Bangalore. I checked-out from Bellary the very next day I got my final year results of B.E. I could have spent good amount of time @ home most probably I might not get the chance to stay with family @ home again. However I chose to leave, the only reason being to run off from marriage… As Siri got married @ 19, my parents wanted even me to get married @ 20. Dad’s friend brought a proposal for me when I was giving my 7th sem exams that was the time I promised Dad (false one) that let me finish off my education and I need 6 months time to mentally prepare & learn cooking and other household stuffs coz Siri had tough time in the initial days of her married life- roughly reasonable :) am I not??? Alas till date I say! I’m neither mentally prepared nor at-least I am a half-way decent cook ;)

4 years of my engineering life just ran like 4 seasons in a year. But past 4 years…..I have seen greatest depression in my life, hope so ;) even god can’t steal it from my reminiscence…

I was not quite sure that Dad will encourage me to do my higher studies, coz initially girls were looked down @ home. There was quite a lot of discrimination when I was too young (I really took it up with real sprit and challenge) however I don’t have any complaints against the same coz they had their own constraints of being in a joint family. Every single decision will be executed with everyone’s consent. But my parents really loved me a lot, who always admired my decisions and its coz of their encouragement & immense support I am able to best bounce back from dark corner. I am from such an orthodox family & I have no clue why they are so liberal in my case??? I have learnt what exactly boundless freedom, unconditional-eternal love means… ;) I wish it should last till my last breath…

I landed in Bangalore with many aspirations, set of goals and responsibilities on 2nd July 2005. However you will realize real life situations are quite unpredictable & rapidly keep changing until years of your life pass you by. The other three kirik damsels who ran from home along with me were Poori, Prathima and Shaila. Each of us had enough luggages, 3 to 4 air bags/suitcases each! As though we have left home forever…. The moment we stepped out of bus @ around 0600 hrs, we were circled by 10 to 12 autowala’s fighting among themselves for their early morning very first customers (Bakra’s – I think its pretty easy to figure out anyone who are new to the place). In the middle of this shock, one auto guy took suitcase and was heading towards his auto without our consent. Shaila literally started running behind him with two heavy bags in her hands when other drivers commented he is a thief. Oh my god!! How sick??? We got into two autos’ & heading towards our new PG which was located in KHB colony, Basaveshwar nagar. It hardly takes 35 to 40 bucks from majestic and we were looted pretty badly very first day…and he charged 200+ bucks. As autowala was taking early morning trip aramse round the city, we messed up with the address and my friend Kurshid was busy sleeping - loafer I must say. She was the one who was supposed to come and pick me up. Kurshid one of Muslim friend’s I have/had, we shared Veg & Non-veg food in a common plate, alas today we are not in touch with each other.

It’s not one or two! so many, I have lost contact with….In spite of my honest attempts things didn’t happen so I have let it go long back coz even its hard for me to compromise every time…There are many a times when I felt am I invariably utilized by everyone???, @ the same time I feel happy coz that is the level of comfortability I have given, that they always can count on me. However I always cherish those memories all my life and thanks to one and all for whomever I met on my journey….

But all I have learnt is “There is always an unfamiliar person in very much familiar person you know for years….”

I was in total mess to make a decision about my career. How I wish if we had campus placements in our college, coz employers will take up the responsibility to decide our career and lessen our burden. Few advised me to pursue course in embedded systems, very few to pursue training in VLSI that’s my passion too & so many to pursue MBA, by then it was too late for full fledged preparation. I had less than a week time to prepare after my final sem exams. Though I got decent score in PGCET-MBA, I could not get into “A” grade colleges and I was not willing to get into “B”/third grade colleges.

So MBA was ruled out from my catalog & embedded systems for no reason. May be coz I was crazy/determined/was in love with VLSI.

There are times we personally visited companies to drop our resumes, one day we covered Electronic city, complete 2nd phase & I was bed ridden for 3 days then on….
The other day white field, result bed rest for day or two…. Sad part was they just threw our resumes into dustbin before we left the place…

I got to know the “pain of rejection” for the very first time in my life when I was rejected to get admission into Sandeepani School of VLSI Design, Bangalore.

When I glance @ my past, especially past 4 years of my life is wholly occupied with one word i.e., VLSI. What not I have done to get u? What not I have tolerated coz of u? I wandered so desperately every single remote corner of Bangalore even when I was terribly sick. This was certainly out of my comfort zone…. I believe loosing battles to win the war will definitely make sense one fine day. Ultimately u made me someone; today I am quite happy to be :) I have grown mature enough to see troubles as blessings which taught me valuable lessons in life. I have accepted it only when life took its toll on me, mercilessly, sometimes.

I always find it necessary to have a discussion with Education Minister of Karnataka for three reasons, here I go….
  • Do we really create/decide the number of engineering seats as per jobs available in the market..?
  • As we hardly have any openings/nil openings in Electronics /Semiconductors/ Embedded systems/Design, why are we allotting max number seats in colleges for related fields…?
  • If Indian semiconductor industry needs candidates only from premier institutions, why can’t we rule-out these domains from state universities? When there is no scope at all…!
Whatever! No regrets, decided not to look @ lost things…

I don’t have any regrets for whatever happened so far, coz I have met amazing people on my way, crucial lessons in life which can be learnt only from unavoidable sore circumstances... I really mean it! Coz it was really worth travelling on an endless road of pain…

I really hate to get into particular event & consequences, coz my friends (Blogger friends who are so concerned about me-I am always blessed to have “A circle of love and care” around me) are getting disappointed that I am pessimist and all time cry baby so & so…. I am helpless guy’s coz my past is crammed with grief…May be in a way I was not prepared for life.

I still believe new possibilities will appear and obstacles will certainly dissolve. If it means chopping me into zillion pieces in order to mold me into a better person, it doesn’t matter. In my opinion, the end justifies the means.

Looking forward for “Bright spots…”


10 comments:

Vidya said...

On behalf of Poornima:

Hey congratulations on completing 4 years in blore :)

Hey Viddu,

I have written a blog on this occasion ok… u need to upload it in ur blog site.. this is my gift to u and a kind contribution to ur blogs. ;)

Well u must be really honored to get this gift from me, as u invoked my ability to write my thoughts which were half asleep.

And here it goes…

For today, it’s been 4 years that we (me, Shaila, Vidya n Prathima) came to Bangalore in search of jobs.

How soon days…. nah years passed by and I never realized that time was running in fast pace until vidya reminded me today that its 4th anniversary of our stay in Bangalore.

My goodness! It’s been 4 years since the time we graduated. As I flip through the pages of my life book to take a glance of my past, I see that all the time till now just flashed as a lightening for a millisecond. I feel that I decided to step into the real world rather just walked into an ocean where I dint know how to swim. With mere self-confidence, degree certificate and ambition to get a good job in a reputed company, we started off the journey. I have come across so many people in these years who have impacted my life in both positive and negative ways. Accommodated in PGs which had very few basic facilities, dint even think of comforts. We along with few of our seniors of school/college stayed in PG, where they used to share their stories of job hunt. They struggled a lot. Some of them succeeded and few were still in the race. I used to visualize myself in their stories. Regularly we friends used to go to cyber cafes to check out for any openings. We used to go mad when there were no calls.

Sometimes we used to get fake messages to our mobiles about walk-in interviews. But, when we reach there, we get to know that we were fooled.

In this journey, we went through many ups and downs. Everyone had a different perspective on life depending on the situations. All were running through same feelings/emotions whether we would fulfill the purpose of coming to Bangalore or not. Everyone learnt lessons from all troubles faced. We shared them, both joys n sorrows. Went around Bangalore. Tried attending walk-ins where thousands of people would gather like ants for sugar. Had fun. Cracked jokes. Made lot of noise. Strolled on roads together till late nights. Fought with PG owners for few things. Hopes were going high and low, sometimes no hopes at all. All these made us tough in life.

Now all are in decent jobs, gained technical knowledge, philosophical knowledge, self-confidence as well ;)Life has taught us many lessons which help us to stand boldly to any problem.

One thing which I learnt from these 4 years is not to be judgmental and we are the product of our thoughts.

Don’t lose hopes and dare to dream as dreams do come true :)


That’s it. Its very short n sweet. If u liked it put it in ur blog else keep it in ur inbox ;)

Thanks for being there with me.

Regards,
Poornima

Thanks a lot darling for everything ...I think u portrayed better than I always do ;)way to go poori...

S.. Diva said...

totally loved this one.. i must congratulate you for being the survivor you are. i can t imagine how i would have reacted to so many rejections...

ps: white words on black background are hard on the eye. may i suggest the other way round if you consider a template change :)

AjAy said...

Nice post!!
keep writing!

Vidya said...

Thanks a lot dear,I believe

"God will test our patience as long as we are capable of handling it and the moment s/he know that we no longer can sustain, s/he will embrace us with love & bestow all happiness and luck on us".

so s/he must be knowing my abilities better than I do...

I would have changed the template , but I love black and it also sayz I am trying to add color to my deceased dreams... ;) But will make sure that will not use bright colors...

@Ajay,

Thanks a lot,
Long as I can see the light...

new life and hope said...

nice post.............I wish u more n more happiness
and congrats on completing 4 years in banglore......

Vidya said...

@Indira,

Thanks so much for wishes..

Senthil said...

Hey Vidya... Every one born in this world are meant to learn something...

And you are doing good in this.. :)

So cheer.... be happy... :) have fun....

Cheers,
Sandy...

Vidya said...

@ Senthil,

Thanks so much, for visit,comments and more...

Senthil said...

Ur welcome Vidya... one more suggestion... :-).. Black background is kind of ok ok types... :-) it would be great.. if u have some other background... but its upto u.. :D

Vidya said...

Sorry guys, as of now I have no plans... But I would love to change, the day something really catches my eyes like black ;)

I really found nothing interesting in sample templates...Color is not something I wanna change... ;)